All parents with students enrolled at St. John the Baptist Catholic School are eligible members of the Home & School Association. The purpose of this group is to help provide quality education for our students through parental involvement.
Chairperson – Michelle Murkowski
Vice Chairperson – Sandy Wendtland
Secretary – Bridget Kaiser
Treasurer – Mandy Schnelle
Reporter – Tiffany Braunel
To submit items to Tiffany for publication in the newspaper and other media outlets, please complete the Reporter Request Form.
Meeting & Meeting Dates
Home & School meets four (4) times during the school year. Meetings are held in the School Music Room in the lower level of the building and try to stay under an hour in length. Join us at a meeting to support the school and its students.
Meetings during the 2020-2021 school year are currently scheduled as follows:
- Monday, September 14, 2020
- Monday, November 9, 2020
- Monday, January 11, 2020
- Monday, April 12, 2020
Current Activities and Fundraisers
Fundraiser proceeds that go back to the Home & School include but are not limited to the following:
- Magazine Sale – begins the second week of the school year
- Seroogy’s Chocolate Bar Sale – begins the third week of the school year; ends when all of the Seroogy’s has been sold
- Wreath Sale – begins the first week of October
- Pancake Breakfast – late October / early November
- Fall Book Fair – mid-November, weekend before Thanksgiving
- Parish/School Benefit – Sunday before Ash Wednesday
- Italian Dinner & Spring Book Fair – mid-March
- Walk for Virtues – late April / early May (date determined by the Diocese of La Crosse)
Home and School also supports school activities held throughout the school year, such as:
- Catholic Schools Week (starts the last Sunday in January)
- Christmas Program Social
- Clothing Orders – anytime during the school year
- Grandparents Day (Spring)
- North East Rural Region (NERR) Quiz Bowl Competition (hosted by St. John the Baptist)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May).
- Veterans Day Program
If you would like more information on fundraising efforts, please contact either the Principal or Home and School Chair.