All parents with students enrolled at St. John the Baptist Catholic School are eligible members of the Home & School Association. The purpose of this group is to help provide quality education for our students through parental involvement.
Chairperson – Michelle Murkowski
Vice Chairperson – Sandy Wendtland
Secretary – Jenna Martin
Treasurer – Lexie Gajewski
Reporter – Tiffany Braunel
To submit items to Tiffany for publication in the newspaper and other media outlets either before or after an event, please complete the Reporter Event Information Google Docs file.
Meeting & Meeting Dates
Home & School meets four (4) times during the school year. Meetings are held in the School Music Room in the lower level of the building and try to stay under an hour in length. Join us at a meeting to support the school and its students.
Meetings during the 2022-2023 school year are currently scheduled as follows:
- Monday, September 19, 2022
- Monday, November 14, 2022
- Monday, January 9, 2023
- Monday, April 17, 2023
2021 – 2022 School Year
Revised September 13, 2021 Home and School Minutes
2020 – 2021 School Year
September 14, 2020
November 9, 2020
January 11, 2021
April 12, 2021
2019 – 2020 School Year
September 16, 2019
November 11, 2019
January 13, 2020
The April 20, 2020 meeting was cancelled due to the “Safer at Home” school closure due to COVID-19.
2018 – 2019 School Year
September 10, 2018 – REVISED
November 12, 2018
January 14, 2019
April 8, 2019
Current Activities and Fundraisers
Fundraiser proceeds that go back to the Home & School include but are not limited to the following:
- Seroogy’s Chocolate Bar Sale – begins the third week of the school year; ends when all of the Seroogy’s has been sold
- Wreath Sale – begins the first week of October
- Pancake Breakfast – late October / early November
- Parish/School Benefit – Spring $20 Raffle
- Italian Dinner – mid-March
- Walk for Virtues – late April / early May (date determined by the Diocese of La Crosse)
Home and School also supports school activities held throughout the school year, such as:
- Catholic Schools Week (starts the last Sunday in January)
- Christmas Program Social
- Clothing Orders – anytime during the school year
- Grandparents Day (Spring)
- North East Rural Region (NERR) Quiz Bowl Competition (hosted by St. John the Baptist)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May).
- Veterans Day Program
If you would like more information on fundraising efforts, please contact either the Principal or Home and School Chair.