In the Fall of 2017, St. John the Baptist Catholic School successfully administered an after school Extended Care program for the first time. The goal was to provide students with a sense of well-being while giving parents the feeling that their child(ren) will be adequately cared for after school.
In the Fall of 2018, St. John the Baptist Catholic School continued their after school Extended Care program and successfully added a before school program as well.
Both before and after school programs returned in the Fall of 2019 with the addition of two new staff. With the additional staff, Extended Care was now an option for parents on Early Dismissal days.
Program Mission and Vision
The care and safety of the attendees is our number one concern. These programs allow children of all ages to participate in activities, work on homework (primarily After School Care), or increase certain skills. This organized structure helps students with their confidence and builds their academic skills.
In our Extended Care program, participants are expected to follow all school safety rules. Participants will have fun, relax, be creative, hang out with friends, and just be kids. We focus on being considerate toward all others with kindness in words and actions, cooperation, and taking turns. We also reinforce what they learn in the classroom about the importance of community while working on community projects (cards for nursing homes, etc.).
- Before School Care runs until 7:40 am when students are released to their classrooms.
After School Care runs from 3:00 pm – when students are dismissed for the day – until the last student is picked up.
- Before School Care does not provide a breakfast for attendees, but families are allowed to send breakfast items with their child(ren).
After School Care provides healthy snack options for attendees.
- Extended Care is not held in the following circumstances:
- When St. John the Baptist Catholic School is not in session due to holiday breaks and In-Service days.
- When St. John the Baptist Catholic School has closings due to inclement weather, such as a 2-Hour Delay, closes early, or closes for the day.
Registration Forms and Pricing
Pricing is per child per day (not hourly) and is as listed below:
- $5.00 – Before School Care
- $7.00 – After School Care, Non-Early Dismissal Day
- $15.00 – After School Care, Early Dismissal Day
If you have questions about the Extended Care program, please contact the School Office by phone at 715-352-3000 or e-mailing Ms. Stubbe, School Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.