Per 2019 Act 55, the open application period for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) begins on the first weekday in February and ends on the third Thursday in April. For the 2022-2023 school year, parents will be able to apply to schools for the WPCP from Tuesday, February 1, 2022 to Thursday, April 21, 2022. The online parent application may be slow in early February. If you receive an error during that time, try again the next business day.
All applicants, regardless of their Choice status in the previous year must reapply for the program every year. Applications are not accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
As a School, we are are allowed to assist parents during the application process by helping answer questions and allowing you to use computers on site. We are NOT allowed to submit applications on behalf of parents.
- Make sure you have a valid email address.
- Decide which school(s) you will apply to and check available application period(s).
- The Online Parent Application gives those who are required to provide income documentation two choices for providing proof of income:
- providing their social security numbers or taxpayer identification numbers and having the Department of Revenue determine whether the student is income eligible OR
- using the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Income Determination method by answering a series of income questions in the online parent application. Generally, documentation must be submitted directly to the school(s) if the parent selects the DPI Income Determination method.
- Parents will receive a confirmation email after they submit an application with information about the supporting documentation parents must provide to the school(s) to complete the application process. All parents will be required to submit residency documentation and some parents will be required to submit income documentation.
- Parents must provide supporting documentation directly to each school they apply to, as explained in the Online Parent Application and the confirmation email, during the open application period or the application is ineligible.
- The link for the online parent application is here.
- Step-by-step print screens of the online parent application is here.
- 2022-2023 application guidelines can be found here.
- 2022-2023 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) can be found here.
- The list of acceptable documents to prove residency is here.
- The full list of parent resources can be found here.
Parents or guardians enrolling students for the Choice program should direct any questions to either:
- Mr. Martinez, School Secretary at 715-352-3000 or email@example.com
- Mrs. Hackel, Choice Program Administrator at 715-352-3011 or firstname.lastname@example.org