During the 2017-2018 school year, St. John the Baptist School successfully administered an Extended Care program after school for the first time. The goal was to provide students with a sense of well-being while giving parents the feeling that their child(ren) will be adequately cared for after school.
The program returned for the 2018-2019 school year with the addition of a Before School Care program to the After School Care program thanks to enough interest from our school families and the community.
The program returned again for the 2019-2020 school year with the addition of Allyson Lehman and Kateri Hackel to our Before and After School Care staff, which allows us to provide our families with After School Care on scheduled Early Dismissal days if they need that assistance.
Program Mission and Vision
Your child(ren)’s care and safety is our number one concern. These programs allow children to participate in activities, work on homework (primarily After School Care), or increase certain skills. This organized structure helps students with their confidence and builds their academic skills.
In our Extended Care program, participants are expected to follow all school safety rules. Your child(ren) will have fun, relax, be creative, hang out with friends, and just be kids. We focus on being considerate toward all others with kindness in words and actions, cooperation, and taking turns. We also reinforce what they learn in the classroom about the importance of community while working on community projects (cards for nursing homes, etc.).
Before School Care Program
- Runs from 6:45 am to 7:45 am when students are released to their classrooms.
- Will not be held on days St. John the Baptist School is not in session or on days that school is closed due to weather.
- Breakfast is not provided by the School, but families are allowed to send breakfast items with their child(ren).
After School Care Program
- Runs from approximately 3:15 (after students have been dismissed for the day) through 5:00pm.
If a student needs to stay longer than that, please let us know and we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Will not be held on days St. John the Baptist School is not in session, days of scheduled early dismissal at 11:30 am, or days school closes early due to weather.
- After School Care may not be held on evenings of special events, such as Parent Teacher Conferences, or the Middle School Italian Dinner..
- A snack is provided at the beginning of After Care, followed by structured activities and homework assistance. Students that may not have homework to complete are allowed to quietly work on other activities.
Program Registration Forms and Pricing
Please complete one registration form per family per Care Program attending. If you anticipate using both Before School Care and After School Care, please complete each registration form. Return completed forms to the School Office.
Due to After School Care now available on scheduled Early Dismissal days, pricing will be updated and finalized at a later time.
If you have any questions about the Extended Care program, please direct them to the School Office by phone at 715-352-3000, or by emailing Mr. Gulan, Principal, or Ms. Stubbe, Secretary.