During the 2017-2018 school year, St. John the Baptist School successfully administered an Extended Care program after school for the first time. The goal was to provide students with a sense of well-being while giving parents the feeling that their child(ren) will be adequately cared for after school.
The program returned for the 2018-2019 school year with the addition of a Before School Care program to the After School Care program thanks to enough interest from our school families and the community.
Program Mission and Vision
Your child(ren)’s care and safety is our number one concern. These programs allow children to participate in activities, work on homework (primarily After School Care), or increase certain skills. This organized structure helps students with their confidence and builds their academic skills.
In our Extended Care program, participants are expected to follow all school safety rules. Your child(ren) will have fun, relax, be creative, hang out with friends, and just be kids. We focus on being considerate toward all others with kindness in words and actions, cooperation, and taking turns. We also reinforce what they learn in the classroom about the importance of community while working on community projects (cards for nursing homes, etc.).
Before School Care Program
- Runs from 6:45 am to 7:45 am when students are released to their classrooms.
- Will not be held on days St. John the Baptist School is not in session or on days that school is closed due to weather.
- Breakfast is not provided by the School, but families are allowed to send breakfast items with their child(ren).
After School Care Program
- Runs from approximately 3:15 (after students have been dismissed for the day) through 5:00pm.
If a student needs to stay longer than that, please let us know and we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Will not be held on days St. John the Baptist School is not in session, days of scheduled early dismissal at 11:30 am, or days school closes early due to weather.
- After School Care may not be held on evenings of special events, such as Parent Teacher Conferences, or the Middle School Italian Dinner..
- A snack is provided at the beginning of After Care, followed by structured activities and homework assistance. Students that may not have homework to complete are allowed to quietly work on other activities.
Please complete the appropriate registration form(s) for the program(s) your child(ren) will be attending.
If you plan on participating in both the Before School and After School Care program, please complete both registration forms.
If you have any questions about the Extended Care program, please direct them to the School Office by phone at 715-352-300, or by emailing Mr. Gulan, Principal, or Ms. Stubbe, Secretary.